When Python Language Server is too slow on Qt Creator(Windows)

Nowadays I'm teaching Python to my son. After teaching stuff I found out that now it's the very timing to teach how to use GUI. And what? For me tkinter is too "weak" and I decided to use Qt, which is one of my favorite "weapon."

So I tried Python on Qt Creator. And guess what? Suddenly LPS became the "black sheep." Ctrl-Space doens't work, and according to messages from LPS it takes a few minutes to follow me up for my 3-second typing...... Frankly speaking I was fully disappointed. Does Qt Creator just ignore Python users, though Qt Company says that it officially supports Python?

However, even it was kind of...... strange. If all the users experience the same symptoms like me, then the forum would have already been highly flamed,  but I couldn't find anything.

Well, and all of sudden, I encountered a solution.

  1. Go to Options and select Language Client
  2. Select Python Language Server
  3. Change Startup behavior from Requires an Open file(default) to Start Server per Project
  4. PROFIT!!!

I have no idea why, but now I'm satisfied with overall performance and result. With default configuration from Qt Creator practically I couldn't do anything so that I seriously considered Visual Stuio Code + Qt Designer, but now with Qt Creator on full throttle, I don't have to go workaround

Hope that this small tip helps those who want to develop in Python with Qt Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

블로그를 이전합니다

뭐, 이런 작은 변방의 블로그에 관심있으신 분들은 아무도 없으시리라 생각합니다만...... (웃음) 블로그 플랫폼을 블로거에서 dev.to로 옮겼습니다. 새 URL은 아래와 같습니다: https://dev.to/teminian 새로운 거처에서 뵙겠습니...

Popular in Code{nested}